What's new

Charlie Chan Vol. 3 in August!! (1 Viewer)

Nick Eden

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for that Steve. That clears that up completely.

So hopefully , within a couple of years, we could have all of the Chans released on DVD (those that survive!). Far cry from a year or so back, when it was thought we would have to make do with just a handful of titles.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have thoroughly enjoyed every single one of the Oland/Chan features. I had only seen maybe half of them prior to the releases of the three boxes, so I've gained a new appreciation for his work and the quality of the series at Fox. Can't wait for Fox to begin issuing the Toler/Chans. Again, I've only seen maybe half of his Fox output, so I'm expecting some great discoveries there, too.

I only wish I had the time to go back and enjoy them all over again. For now, I'll have to enjoy the memories and hope to have more time later.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
MattH. said:
Can't wait for Fox to begin issuing the Toler/Chans. Again, I've only seen maybe half of his Fox output, so I'm expecting some great discoveries there, too.

quote]

The Toler films have several advantages that make their eventual presentation on DVD even more anticipated:
  • They're all post 1937 fire and generally are in much better physical condition. All should look very good to excellent on DVD.
  • The stories are generally top notch and feature the likes of Lionel Atwill, George Zucco, George Reeves, and Cesar Romero among many others
  • Sen Yung is absolutely wonderful as Jimmy Chan and plays off Toler very well.
Steve

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
I would like to get all the Fox Chan and Moto releases eventually but they take a lower priority with all the other titles I already have on my pre-order list each month (needless to say I am at a point where I have neither the budget to get everything I want nor the time to actually watch it). I am hoping that a year or two down the road after Fox has finished releasing all the Chans they will discount them further or maybe do a mega boxset with the titles in slim cases at a lower price than the individual boxes combined.

-D

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Anybody heard rumblings of when Vol 4 will be released? After releasing 2 volumes in 2006 it appears that only 1 will be out in 2007 since most current announcements are into 2008.

RobertGr

Second Unit
Hi Steve!

My contacts put the timeframe for box 4 "the start of the Toler Era" to hit shelves early 08'!

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Thanks, Robert! It looks like you were right. Rafael has posted a February date in another thread.

Steve

RobertGr

Second Unit
Hey Steve

You are welcome! Funny thing we posted the info about the same time. I had contacted my sources earlier in the day and did not check my e-mails to later in the day if I had I would have posted the info earlier! Do you like the Toler's better than Oland's?

Best regards,
Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks