What's new

Charles in Charge season 4 (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
An Amazon.com exclusive and it's being released March 24.

Can't wait. Looks like I'm gonna see the full run on dvd after all.
Bring on season 5!

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I hope they do too. People were so against them at first. But now it seems to bring new hope of seeing some shows released on dvd that otherwise would never see the light of day. I would love to see more burn on demand titles. Would be nice if the studios could come up with some sort of deal with amazon for their one-season wonders and lesser known shows.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Mr. Ed

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Edward Van Fossan
For Scott Baio fans. I was glad to see Charles In Charge was being released for season 4. I hope his popularity carries over to Happy Days season 5. It was this season season that the youthful actor was introduced to the show. Over the years Happy Days fans got to watch Scott Baio grow up and to even marry his only ever love Joanie Cunningham. Well, Scotty, what else can I say. Hope you see you at another time another show.

Craig Byrne

Agent
I just got mine on the mail - interestingly enough, it's packaged into two "volumes," with Discs 1-3 on one and Discs 4-6 on another.

I'm just so happy they did this
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
Hope the episodes look and sound good...

SeanC

Agent
Please let us know, I'm really interested in this release! (And burn-on-demand releases in general)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I got the DVDs as well.

They are, I believe, 4 episodes per disc, with simple menus offering either PLAY ALL or SELECT EPISODE.

The episodes don't have chapter stops and, being DVD-R's, are very difficult to fast forward through (I had a couple episodes freeze up on me when I tried).

The quality is DVD-R, like if you recorded them off of TV. At four episodes per disc, wouldn't that even made it a single layer release?

I GUESS I am happy to have them on DVD, but I wish it had been a traditional DVD release. I don't have much faith in DVD-R's.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm...doesn't sound too promising. I'll still pick it up, but I don't like discs locking up on me if I fast forward. Most of my dvd-r's are even better than that(so far). Oh well.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I find that most of my DVD-Rs fast forward fine, but only up to a certain speed. If I go full, they usually lock up.

Nick=Ma

Stunt Coordinator
Received mine today and started watching them. They fast forward alright for me.

BTW: I am watching them on my laptop so I have no idea how they work in a regular DVD player.

Nick=Ma

Stunt Coordinator
Hopefully Sony starts leasing some of their titles to Amazon that they have no intention of finishing (even better would be letting someone like Shout Factory take over).

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Season 5 was released July 28th through Amazon(exclusive). I just found this out tonight.

It might be a while before I pick it up, but I'm glad to know it was released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks