What's new

Charles de Lauzirika interview from DVDTimes.co.uk (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Wow! Awesome interview...thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Charlie, we are glad to have you as an HTF member, and your words clearly articulate our thoughts, especially here:

...The serious film buffs who were early adopters of DVD...now feel betrayed by the mainstreaming of the format.
Yes...there is a LOT of truth to that remark, for good or for ill.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Oscar, why not just post a link to the article instead of simply cutting and pasting the whole thing?

(Yes, I do work for the site and extra hits are appreciated...)

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Wahoo! Crimson Tide gets a commentary track! Can't wait for the new R1 release! :)
Great review, and I recommend people follow the link to DVD Times - it has pictures too! ;)

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
Is Charlie de Lauzrika the guy who's been reported to have been working on The Producers DVD?
Damn, I hope so. His DVDs never dissappoint.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Again I swear this man gets no sleep. :) Alien 3 dream project eh? What a lovely dream that makes for.
Dan

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Jon

Thanks for editing the post.

Just one question though, if you work for this site and want some extra hits why did you not post it yourself without revealing that you work for DVDTimes.co.uk ?

Just curious though

Oscar Merkx

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I think it was Crawdaddy who probably edited your post, Oscar. Jon doesn't "work here" (at HTF); he's not a mod or anything. You can tell by the lack of green under his name on the left.
And Jon probably didn't do what you suggest because that is solicating on other peoples' turf, and that could be considered rude. True that some of us do this to a degree; me for TVShowsOnDVD. But it's also true that I don't own that site, just write an occassional review and help with a bit of the data gathering and feature testing. And I've been told as necessary by them that run this place not to overstep the bounds of good taste in offering links. So Jon was probably thinking of this ahead-of-time. :)
As I was reminded recently, the BEST possible thing to do is to post the link, and only quote a few short, pertinant examples that will demonstrate your point (in this case the point being, "look what Charlie's talking about over here"), and then let the HTF members use the link to read the rest of it for themselves.
This is just from one HTFer to another, with free advice taken from the benefit of my experience on the subject! Cheers,

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Hi Oscar,
I didn't (indeed, I couldn't) edit the post. The guy who's interview it was, a friend of mine, asked me to see if I could do anything to remove it, as, not to be picky, but it's copyright infringement and also not very polite.
I e-mailed the mods to ask if they could remove the entire article from your post (apart from anything, it frees up more bandwidth), but leave the link, which they kindly did.
No hard feelings over this, by the way, just for the sake of netiquette. :)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
David & Jon

Thanks for the responses. I did E-mail one of the moderators to ask if they would edit my post as you suggested. So they did and I am happy about that.

I had no idea that I was infringing any copyright issue so next time I will only post the link.

Keep up the good work

Oscar Merkx

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks