What's new

Charles Bronson: "From Noon till Three"(will be released in Germany on 27th January) (1 Viewer)

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
After "Mr Majestyk" and "The Mechanic is "From Noon Till Three" the third Bronson film of the 70´s who will get a Blu-ray transfer in Germany. "The Mechanic"(1972) looks fine on Blu-ray disc, Mr. Majestyk doesn´t ...... Hopefully, "From Noon Till Three" looks fine. I own the great japanese DVD. I only purchased the German Blu-ray, if the disc looks better than my japanese DVD. The Blu-ray will probably be a Code B disc.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Mr. Pacino said:
After "Mr Majestyk" and "The Mechanic is "From Noon Till Three" the third Bronson film of the 70´s who will get a Blu-ray transfer in Germany. "The Mechanic"(1972) looks fine on Blu-ray disc, Mr. Majestyk doesn´t ...... Hopefully, "From Noon Till Three" looks fine. I own the great japanese DVD. I only purchased the German Blu-ray, if the disc looks better than my japanese DVD. The Blu-ray will probably be a Code B disc.
Why has this film never been released in the States?? Okay, so it never makes the list of Bronson's most popular films; it should be at least in his top ten. It's got an unbeatable Elmer Bernstein score and memorable theme song (Bernstein actually performs part of it on camera). Note also that the Japanese must have thought highly of this particular score, because their dvd has isolated music-only options. It also has nice cinematography for a relatively low-budget film, and balances nicely between its action, comedy and romantic set-ups. And its melancholy message of memory vs. reality is original and refreshing. The only thing I can figure about the lack of this film's popularity is that Bronson does not shoot enough people during its short 99 minutes. :confused: Other than that, this highly unusual little movie does grow on those fortunate enough to love and understand it. A Region 1 blu would be nice, and a remixed stereo score would be even nicer. The last time this film appeared on home video was on vhs back in the 90s. Other than that, it's been available for ages in Europe and Asia on dvd. It's currently on Amazon instant video so go figure--somebody must be interested. You'd think MGM or whoever owns it at the moment would at least offer it on dvd as MOD.

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
"Deat Hunt" will also be released in Germany on the same day. Bronson´s partner here are Lee Marvin and Angie Dickinson.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks