What's new

Charcoal Grills (1 Viewer)

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Can we get a survey and draw a correlation between those that prefer charcoal over gas with those who prefer LD sountracks over DVD and vinyl over CD?
This is a weird analogy because DVD and CD have marked differences in quality over their predecessors. Choosing to use a gas grill is strictly based on convenience, not taste. Look, I use both charcoal and gas. When I need a quick fix regardless of the weather, I'll use the gas. But when I want the meat to have a knockout taste and I have the time, choosing the charcoal grill is a no-brainer.

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
You get a lot of practice cooking beef when you slaughter your own and have 800 pounds of beef show up at your house every year.
Can I be your friend? :)
Charcoal for me all the way. There is something very unique about the flavor that you just can't get using gas.

Andrej Dolenc

Stunt Coordinator
That's why you should never use lighter fluid. You don't need to anyway - a chimney starter and a wadded up piece of newspaper do the job very quickly.
Chimney starter? bah humbug! Get an empty cardboard box, fill it with twigs, empty 6 pack cardboard holders, some newspapers, dried leaves from the yard, then light the puppy on fire. Guaranteed the coals underneath (or in) the box will light up. And it's far more impressive looking!

Andrej

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
There is something very unique about the flavor that you just can't get using gas.
No dispute there. I guess I'm getting to the point where I'll take convenience over the flavor differential. I'll still keep my kettle and you'll have to pry my smoker out of the cold dying hands, but am going to get a gas grill for the day to day grilling I want to do.

Beats the heck out of a broiler...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks