What's new

Chapter Stops in MP3s? (1 Viewer)

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I'm looking for some info on an MP3 editing program. Specifically, I'm looking for a program that edits MP3s, puts chapter stops in and trims out unwanted parts.

Any suggestions, please? Thanks!

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Chapter stops (like for audiobooks) are not supported within the MP3 spec. As far as something to trim in and out, you can do that with numerous programs, from MP3 Creator to EasyAudioEditor to even the likes of MusicMatch will divide up MP3s.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Thanks, Chris! Is there a way to convert the MP3 into a different type of file, e.g. wav file, and then add in chapter stops?

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
What is your final plan? Are you saying "chapter stops" because you plan to put it on CD?

Wav does not support chapter stops. MP3 does not support chapter stops. In fact, I can't think of a self contained format that does, it's more physical media or a software application that really deals with "stops." Some audio editors support markers in their files, but I don't know if this is really part of the broadcast wav spec.

But, for example, 55 different MP3 files could be loaded into a playlist and would be treated essentially like "chapter stops" -- or individual WAV files can be burned on CD which would have "chapter stops"-- but otherwise you just need to create sep audio files.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
The only format I know of with "Chapter stops" is AAC (Apple) and Audible.Com's proprietary ones. Otherwise, you just need to seperate out the files on their own and then divide (because I'm unsure of any editing tool that will allow you to edit AAC to put in the stops)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks