What's new

Chappelle's Show: Season 2 Uncensored (1 Viewer)

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I can't understand how The Family Guy could have such a huge following in sales, since the FOX ratings when it was on TV weren't so great.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Interesting how folks continue to say he had a breakdown even though he has addressed the issue. Just because you don't do what people want or expect you to do doesn't mean you had a breakdown.

There's conflicting sales reports on "best ever" TV-on-DVD sales.

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
Sounds like a breakdown to me. No matter what Dave says, he's clearly acted in a pretty strange way. How many people just blow off a $50 million contract right in the middle of shooting? And the stuff Dave has said ("Comedy Central was interfering with my decisions") just doesn't jive. Chappelle was fiercely bidded over by at least 3 networks after last season, and he signs a contract that grants him less than complete control? No F-in way! Besides, Comedy Central knows better than to interfere with Chappelle's Show ... it's their goldmine! CC even shows unedited stuff now sometimes around midnight or something. The network is practically re-writing the way it does business and positions product based upon Chappelle's show (and other successes like South Park), so when Dave suddenly walks away from a ton of money and all the people who depend on him (like the entire cast and crew of the show) to unexpectedly disappear ... well, a breakdown is about all that would explain it. It's very strange, however you slice it.

Joe:C

Second Unit
I think it was Simpsons S1 that Chapelle's Show passed on the all-time tv-on-dvd list.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
The Simpsons is so awful, it doesn't deserve the success it's had. Hard to believe it's still on the air after 17 years (including the cartoon's start on The Tracy Ullman Show).

Getting back on topic, it's easily possible that Dave Chappelle had a nervous breakdown. Look at all of the characters in those sketches: Dave is in every one and what an assortment! If that doesn't create pressure than what does? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks