What's new

Chappelle Show (Lost Episodes) (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was laughing pretty hard at the early segment (when everyone tries to shake him down after finding out that he got the big contract). Being petty was also cruel, but funny.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I figured that these episodes would just be any scraps (whether they're funny or not) that Comedy Central could scrounge up and make into three episodes but this episode was pretty funny.

CC played a clip on their New Year's Special where Dave is playing a guy on MTV Cribs
and it looked hilarious.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

That's the one I was hoping they showed last night, but I guess it will be in one of the other two upcoming episodes. There was some good stuff last night, especially the Tupac song which I thought was hillarious. Overall it wasn't quite up to the level of seasons 1 and 2 quality-wise, but pretty funny nonetheless. Any Chappelle is better than no Chappelle.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt

You say that, and it reminds me of the "Green Mile Dude" on the ground: "Dave, why did you do it, Dave? It's all greed.. and you know people will just say none of it is as good as last season." "Yeah, I know.."

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Just watched this. The moment that he's in the barbershop, and the barber tells him it's an $11,000 haircut, I laughed. It is kind of sad though, because I thought the episode gave a pretty good case of how the money was really weighing on his mind heavily. I miss the show, but after having seen "Block Party" I think it took a lot of guts on his part to decide that he couldn't take the money and stay happy.

I don't know that many people who would turn down $50M, in fact, almost everyone else would have taken the money and made a crappy show or mailed it in. I'll be happy with what extras we get. So far, it's off to a good start :)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
A good start, but it was definately weaker than the majority of the other previous episodes. That's exactly what Dave said and is one of the reasons he did not want these episodes out. There are some really funny moments in the episode, and I watched the immediate repeat and laughed harder than the first time. It may take me a little longer to get into it, because we've waited so long.

Who would pay $28 for a car wash? HOLY CRAP. I must be really cheap anyway.

"Honey, I'm in the mood for donuts." zing.

ry

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Anyone see Chappelle on Anderson Cooper 360 last night? He made a couple of comments about how he misses having his own show. He said when the Dick Cheney hunting incident happened he went "damn, I wish I had my show back". I have a feeling that in a couple of years when this has all blown over he'll regret walking away from it, but then again there's something to be said for leaving at the top of your game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks