Directors Channel Surfing to DVD?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Joe Schwartz, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Joe Schwartz

Joe Schwartz Second Unit

You're channel surfing on cable or satellite, looking for something to watch, and after a while you land on a channel that's showing one of the movies in your DVD collection. You decide to stop surfing and watch the movie.

Do you continue watching the movie on the cable/satellite channel, or do you switch to the DVD instead?

2. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

Well, I don't usually have this problem with movies, but I do with TV on DVD, so I find that I usually just watch the show on cable, and then after its over I may have been moved to put in the DVD to watch the rest of the series.

Generally for movies, when I see something I own on DVD on cable, I go right passed it, but were I to stop I'd probably just leave it on that channel.

3. JoN:MiLLeR

JoN:MiLLeR Agent

i never watch something i own on dvd when it's on cable... i'd rather see it in the best quality possible... i also take shows off my tivo season pass if i know they are coming soon on dvd...

4. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Screenwriter

Happens to me sometimes. TBS had Independance Day on a while back, and I was surfing, found that, and decided to watch it. I realized I could have put the DVD in, and watched it in both widescreen and 6.1, but it's just so much easier when it's on TV. There's prescheduled washroom and snack breaks (commercials), so it all just so much more convenient.

5. ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait Cinematographer

There's a rule in my apartment and it is that you can't watch a movie on TV that one of us owns on DVD. Since the four of us' collections total around 800, that makes for a lot of movies that don't get watched on TV.