What's new

channel level vol. g-spot? (1 Viewer)

CurtisC

Second Unit
I have often pondered this question,maybe some of you can help.On my Denon each channel has volume adjustment from -12 to +12.If this is set to +12, max output,would this signal be over driven?If it is set to -12 is there excess noise?If it is set to 0 am I losing lot,s of volume for no reason?So what is the max ch level vol. from -12 to +12 for cleanest signal,does it matter? p.s. with this ? I am not concerned with calibration,Thanks in advance!

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
each channel has volume adjustment ...
Look again. You might notice that the L/R channels do not have these adjustments.

You use the main volume control to get xx ammount of sound from your L and R speaker. Then you use the adjustment for the CENTER so that it also produces xx ammount of sound. Then you do it for the two rear speakers.

No, setting these adjustments to the high/low end will not be over-driving your amp or causing problems. Leave them set at 0.0 if you are not going to really use them for what they were intended.

If you do want to see how simple it is to use the adjustments, this link to our Primer on Overview of Home Theater Calibration. It's really not that hard.

Good Luck.

Willem Vos

Stunt Coordinator
Like Bob said, these settings are purely for calibration.

If you set all channels to +12, and your volume knop at -12 this would be identical to when you set all channels to 0 and your volume at 00 (or channels to -12 and your volume to +12)

CurtisC

Second Unit
Then I conclude thew answer is it does not affect the quality of the( signal).thanks,also I know and use the principles of calibration,I just did not want the question to be confusing.

StephenL

Second Unit
Sound & Vision magazine has measured high distortion at the subwoofer output on some receivers with worst-case test signals, even though the receiver's subwoofer trim is set to 0. For such receivers, Sound & Vision now specifies the subwoofer trim level necessary to avoid distortion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corneileous
Recent bookmarks