What's new

Changing the SVM on our 36" Toshiba? (1 Viewer)

Wesley S

Stunt Coordinator
I wanted to create a new thread for this particular question but it sort of pertains to this thread

Basically right now we are at a point where we like the picture on the screen but it's seems too dark for "our" likeness. My question here is if we turn SVM off as mentioned below by another member on AVS Forum will this help if we turn the contrast back up a bit (currently at 15)and keep the picture as clear as it is now? Any extra input on this type of modifications would be great if you guys fool with the service menu.

Thanks

If you get this set, to turn off SVM (the bane of hell) put the TV into Movie Mode (you really wanna do this!).

To get into the service menu:

Power up your set.
Press MUTE three times on the remote, then press MUTE again and hold. While holding the MUTE button, go to your set and press the MENU button on TV front panel. Release both buttons.

An "S" should appear near the bottom right of the tv screen. Press MENU again on your TV. You are now in Service Mode.

If your set has red push from factory settings, you can also adjust the level of red in the service menu (as well as green and blue), if you get a DVD like Avia guide to home theatre, this is super easy with the color filters it comes with.

Wesley S

Stunt Coordinator
Another thing. I checked our tv and I can get into service mode but I have NO IDEA what all the RCUT, GCUT, etc. means.

Anyone has a list as to what it does and what those mean. Or should I not mess with this stuff :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks