What's new

Changing port sizes\dimensions (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Schulz

Auditioning
Been a long time lurker but this is my first post. I built a sealed 122L tempest. I am going to build a ported enclosure for it also just to see which I like better. I have decided on the SBB4 design from adire's website. The mistake I made was that I bought 4 in PVC from the Local Home Depot and when I got home I plugged the numbers into my enclosure design programs and they said I needed 2 25 in ports. Thats a lot bigger than the 2 3 by 5 in ports that adire says to use. Am I doing something wrong or is that accurate. Is there anyhing I can adjust to decrease the port length. I would just get new ports but the wife is starting to disapprove of the amount of money spent on this project already and I still need to buld my flexy rack ;) . I have always built sealed boxes and this is my first ported so I would like to do it right. Thanks in advanced.

Greg Monfort

Supporting Actor
If you look carefully you'll see that they say when using their flared vent kits that the adjustable center section should be cut to 5". With two 4" pipes, 25" is in the ballpark, but vent mach will be a little high if driven to its limits, and why they recommend flared vents.

No, there's no way to shorten the vent lengths without affecting performance.

GM

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks