What's new

changing my look - opinions (1 Viewer)

Lyle_E

Stunt Coordinator
Ok after parking here for a few weeks and enjoying my lil home theater (setup before i discovered HTF™) I have viewed so many great HT setups. budget prevents upgrades to equipment at this time.

So I am going to undertake a budget transformation to the current look. it is a small room that I have already altered to slide the rptv and components into the wall.

First opinion:

The color of the room (a mistake on my part :) ) it is currently a dark brown (ok ok not a good choice but I was going for darkness) What colors would you suggest if it were your room? something that is easy to look at yet keep light reflection down. I am obviously not good with colors......

Front - home.earthlink.net/~elwe/hometheatre/dsc00010.jpg
Back - home.earthlink.net/~elwe/hometheatre/dsc00008.jpg

The door is installed now.. and trim will be added soon
I want to add sconces with a dimmer to change the lighting eventually.

Just fishing for some ideas folks
Oh and budget means as cheap as I can get it done :D

Shawn Keeler

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like you have a great start. It is so nice to have a sanctuary to block out the world for a couple of hours. Don't you agree? I kind of like the color, especially if you have room for a projector. Now that you are hooked it is all down hill from here!!!!
Later,
Shawn

Lyle_E

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the link fix james... Yes it is nice to get away :D the door was a nice addition to close off the rest of the house and teenagers.. Its hard for me to go to a theater nowadays (commercials and wrapper noise...etc..)

The wife still complains a little and a few friends still kinda step back on the color, when they first see it

So the color will stay, just got to find a good color for the trim...

thinking about flat black for the drop ceiling - comments on this????

I will keep posting the progress over the next couple of weeks
I want to address the walls and dress em up a little

I love this site :) it really has inspired me

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks