What's new

Changing Mac OS X icons (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone run into this? I have been playing around with custom icons that I've downloaded off the internet. Yesterday I was copying and pasting different icons onto my applications with ease, but today, I'm having trouble changing some of those icons. Example, I changed Illustrator and Photoshops icon yesterday...I easily changed Illustrators icon today, but when I change Photoshops, it won't let me.

I can delete the custom icon and revert it back to the original Adobe Photoshop icon, but whenever I try to paste a new icon there, it pastes the one I pasted from yesterday. :confused:

On another topic, does anyone know of another icon program that will let you change the system icons (i.e. Finder, Home, Applications Folder, etc.). The only one I know of is CandyBar, but it doesn't seem to allow me to change the trash icon.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
CandyBar should change the trash icon as well. Mine is changed.

I'm not sure about the Photoshop icon, it seems to do the same thing here. Now, I can only paste the ImageReady icon over and over again.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
The only way I was able to change the icon was to make a copy of the file. Once I made the copy, I was able to delete the cutom icon and paste in a new one. It's odd.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
Maybe the programs in question installed themselves as read-only (or writable only by 'root', etc.).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks