Changing forn denon avr-5700 to 3805?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Jean-Francois Masse, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Jean-Francois Masse

I have a 5700. I'll be bying a front projector soon. I'd be happy to use only one component cable instead of component + s-video and composite. And I'd be happy to get one extra rear center speaker. My room is about 12x12. I usually set he level at -15. Nothing to kill an amp.

So I'm wondering if sonically, will I lose or if Denon got better in 4 years with PLIIx etc. Can a 3805 sound as good as my 5700 ?

Edit: I'm still trying to edit my title (should read from and not forn...)

2. Alan Wise

Alan Wise Stunt Coordinator

Jean-Francois,

My 3805 is used in my 12'x12'(with 8'+ ceiling)and at -15 it puts out a lot of sound. Most of my serious listening is done between -24 and -30. I am running a 7.1 set up with Boston Acoustic speakers.
    I had auditioned the 5803 at the same time as the 3805 and found them to sound the same at my listening levels.
    I did not see the benefit to the extra horsepower of the 5803 in my small room. The 3805 is more than adequate, and the features are wonderful. I am now a DPLIIx addict.

Good Luck, Al. Wise

3. Alan Wise

Alan Wise Stunt Coordinator

Jean-Francois,

My 3805 is used in my 12'x12'(with 8'+ ceiling)and at -15 it puts out a lot of sound. Most of my serious listening is done between -24 and -30. I am running a 7.1 set up with Boston Acoustic speakers.
    I had auditioned the 5803 at the same time as the 3805 and found them to sound the same at my listening levels.
    I did not see the benefit to the extra horsepower of the 5803 in my small room. The 3805 is more than adequate, and the features are wonderful. I am now a DPLIIx addict.

Good Luck, Al. Wise

4. Jerry Klawiter

Jerry Klawiter Screenwriter

The 5700 no doubt had Denon's best attempt in AVR amp section.
    It was/is one of the best AVR amps around, They went for broke on it.
    With your room size, I highly doubt you will notice much differences.

5. Jerry Klawiter

Jerry Klawiter Screenwriter

The 5700 no doubt had Denon's best attempt in AVR amp section.
    It was/is one of the best AVR amps around, They went for broke on it.
    With your room size, I highly doubt you will notice much differences.

6. Jean-Francois Masse

I just read the audioholics review and Sound & Vision too. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do the move.

And Is there someone who can tell me how to edit the title of this thread ? The edit button does not seem to allow that.

7. Jean-Francois Masse

I just read the audioholics review and Sound & Vision too. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do the move.

And Is there someone who can tell me how to edit the title of this thread ? The edit button does not seem to allow that.