What's new

Changing forn denon avr-5700 to 3805? (1 Viewer)

I have a 5700. I'll be bying a front projector soon. I'd be happy to use only one component cable instead of component + s-video and composite. And I'd be happy to get one extra rear center speaker. My room is about 12x12. I usually set he level at -15. Nothing to kill an amp.

So I'm wondering if sonically, will I lose or if Denon got better in 4 years with PLIIx etc. Can a 3805 sound as good as my 5700 ?

Edit: I'm still trying to edit my title (should read from and not forn...)

Alan Wise

Stunt Coordinator
Jean-Francois,

My 3805 is used in my 12'x12'(with 8'+ ceiling)and at -15 it puts out a lot of sound. Most of my serious listening is done between -24 and -30. I am running a 7.1 set up with Boston Acoustic speakers.
I had auditioned the 5803 at the same time as the 3805 and found them to sound the same at my listening levels.
I did not see the benefit to the extra horsepower of the 5803 in my small room. The 3805 is more than adequate, and the features are wonderful. I am now a DPLIIx addict.

Good Luck, Al. Wise

Alan Wise

Stunt Coordinator
Jean-Francois,

My 3805 is used in my 12'x12'(with 8'+ ceiling)and at -15 it puts out a lot of sound. Most of my serious listening is done between -24 and -30. I am running a 7.1 set up with Boston Acoustic speakers.
I had auditioned the 5803 at the same time as the 3805 and found them to sound the same at my listening levels.
I did not see the benefit to the extra horsepower of the 5803 in my small room. The 3805 is more than adequate, and the features are wonderful. I am now a DPLIIx addict.

Good Luck, Al. Wise

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
The 5700 no doubt had Denon's best attempt in AVR amp section.
It was/is one of the best AVR amps around, They went for broke on it.
With your room size, I highly doubt you will notice much differences.

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
The 5700 no doubt had Denon's best attempt in AVR amp section.
It was/is one of the best AVR amps around, They went for broke on it.
With your room size, I highly doubt you will notice much differences.

I just read the audioholics review and Sound & Vision too. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do the move.

And Is there someone who can tell me how to edit the title of this thread ? The edit button does not seem to allow that.

I just read the audioholics review and Sound & Vision too. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do the move.

And Is there someone who can tell me how to edit the title of this thread ? The edit button does not seem to allow that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks