1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Changes (for the better) on "Birds of Prey" (spoilers)....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by todd s, Oct 15, 2002.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

According to www.gothamclocktower.com the following changes are going to happen on "Birds of Prey":
    - Hate Helena's costume? That's quite all right. Starting with Wednesday's episode, "Slick," the Huntress will stalk her prey in different clothing.
    - The Huntress growling effects that bring back memories of Thundercats are also now gone. (THANK GOODNESS)
    - Dinah will have a more serious arc to play out over the first six episodes. She won't just be playing the country bumpkin, but a heavier role in her journey as a hero.
    - The issue of Helena's secret identity (or lack thereof) will be a recurring theme throughout the first season.
    - Batman did not flee New Gotham!
    - Helena's metagenes will also be dealt with...and there's probably a connection to something that happened to her mother in "Batman Returns."

2. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

Sweet.

I did not like Helena's outfit at all, she is too good looking to be wearing that bag.

P.S. That Thundercats comment is pretty funny and I can now hear it in my head.

3. Lisel

Lisel Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the info, Todd. Sounds good. Helena's growl reminded me of Manimal ("man, animal. man, animal...").

Lisel

4. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

I was waiting for the boards to come back online so I could post this. Looks like you beat me to it[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Phil Florian

Phil Florian Screenwriter

This is good news. The fact that the producers are acting quickly to get rid of stuff some people find silly is good. The one bit I did enjoy of the first episode was the whole cape and cowl thing and with the cowl missing...that kind of belittles the whole Shakespeare reference from the beginning of the episode with "people in disguise, running around" which I thought was apt (though Shakespeare Birds of Prey ain't). Still, I am glad they are able to make these changes. It will keep me coming back for a while if it improves things.

Phil

6. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    All great decisions. Particularly with regards to the growl and Helena's outfits. She looked MUCH hotter in this weeks episode in her wardrobe...or lack therof (that scene in the sauna), wow! [​IMG]

7. Peter McM

Peter McM Supporting Actor

Peter
    I agree, John. Much better (lack of) costuming.[​IMG]
    Story was better this time, too. And the absence of that growl was immediately apparent. Thank you, producers!