What's new

changed something in service menu.. now HD input wants to flicker :( (1 Viewer)

Josh Q S

Stunt Coordinator
Is there any way to reset my HDTV back to the factory defaults? I changed one option in the service menu and now the HD/progressive input wants to flicker, and when I try to get back into the service menu for that input, it kicks me out. I can get into the service menu for any other of the inputs, just not the one that's messed up :frowning:

My HDTV is a Zenith 36" D36D53. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated... I just hope I didn't break this sucker :frowning:

Rik P

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like you lost your HD sync. I would highly recomend talking to a calibrater (ISF) that knows this model. He may be able to walk you though if not....
The problem with resetting to factory deafults is you are sometimes actually changing factory defaults when you are in the service mode.

James_Barcus

Agent
My HDTV does the same.. I just got HDTV today from Charter and now since I got the cable box hooked up via Component cables (supplied by charter) when I switch to Input 2 I can see a slight flicker.. I've changed no settings cept for calibration of color and that stuff. Any idea? I have a JVC I'Art Pro 48" 1080i AV48WP74 RP Television.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Josh,,,did you change the PAL vs NTSC setting?? Look at this...Im only guessing..

Best of luck

Gregg

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
PS:

Get the service manual it should have the default values. Change each one singlely to you find the one you messed with.

Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks