What's new

Change receiver's TV audio input (1 Viewer)

Harri Alasi

Auditioning
Hello,

I recently bought a Harman Kardon AVR 151 receiver and connected my TV. The problem is that my TV doesn't support ARC, so no audio comes through when i select TV from receiver's remote. So i have connected it through coaxial and assigned it to a input source "Audio". The problem is, when i select "audio", my TV also changes to HDMI input of the receiver and i have to change it back to normal TV again (from TV remote), if I want TV with audio coming through receiver's speakers. So i have to operate with 2 remotes, which is quite a PITA.
I would like to be able to select "TV" from receiver's remote, the TV starts up and audio is coming from coaxial cable, which I have connected. The on-screen menu of the receiver has greyed out selecting audio source for the "TV" input source. It just says ARC, but i don't have it on my TV

I hope you understood my problem in spite of difficulties putting my words in order when explaining :)

Harri Alasi

Auditioning
OK. I thnik that would work for TV only, setting the "Audio" source to control also my TV, but what about my other devices, where i would need for the TV to switch to HDMI, for example blu-ray player

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Are you not using the AVR as your HDMI hub?

You should be. If you do, it is self-explanatory.

How do you get broadcast channels? OTA? Cable? Satellite?

Harri Alasi

Auditioning
Yes, I am using as a HDMI hub. My channels come from CI+ card
Probably should change back to set-top box, becuse that i can connect to receiver

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Ok...like it explains in the manual...

If you press "disc". It is a DVD/BD player remote.
If you press "TV". It is a TV remote.
If you press AVR. It is the AVR remote.

Same way I use my Onkyo and Denon remotes.

Harri Alasi

Auditioning
As you probably have figured out, I haven't got my system at my reach ATM so i can't test anything, but...

If i press "disc", does the TV change to HDMI input if CEC is off? it does so when CEC is on, but haven' tested it, if it was off

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
CEC is Consumer Electronics Control.It has nothing to with the remote itself. Set the remote to control the theater. Turn off the CEC.Then it will work like you want it to. Not the way the CEC wants it to work.

Harri Alasi

Auditioning
CEC has nothing to do with the remote, but CEC sends the signal that "HDMI 1 is now active, change TV to HDMI 1", doesn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks