What's new

Champagne for Caesar announced for Dec 17th (1 Viewer)

NeilEdwards

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe it. This is a very funny movie. A real classic. One that I never thought I would see on DVD.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
Let's hope it's not the terrible, scratchy transfer released by Im age on laser disc about 10 years ago.

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
Woo hoo! Saw this at Cinevent a few years ago and loved it! Also hoping it's a good transfer...

Mark Philp

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Back in the days when I collected film, I had a beautiful 16mm print of this and it was one of my very favorites. I think that it's certainly one of Vincent Price's best comedic roles. I have it on vhs but would love a really good DVD of it. For those who don't know the film, it's a delightful comedy from 1950 about a genius (Ronald Coleman) who goes on a TV quiz show, hosted by Art Linkletter and tries win so much that he will bankrupt the sponsor. Price plays the sponsor and that's all I'll say.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Woo-hoo!!! Finally*, CHAMPAGNE FOR CAESAR on DVD! Let the bells ring out & the banners fly!
* Intentions to release it on Region 1 were first announced as part of a list of prospective Corinth Video titles in an Image Entertainment press release around 2-3 years ago!

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
Let's hope a complete print is available. I have both the VCI & Englewood Entertainment (Hollywood Gold on the cover) VHSs. The VCI has a scene where Price is showing Colman around his factory and part of it was damaged (see spoiler space) and a bit missing. The Englewood version just snips out the damaged part. It's probly only a couple of seconds but I'd still like a complete print, if the footage exists. Wonder if they'll interview Art Linkletter for the DVD??

Price is showing Colman through the soap factory and he gets the idea that if Colman suffers an fatal accident in the factory that he wont have to pay him for the gameshow. Price trys but ends up getting soaked in some sort of product in the factory. The scene showing how Price got soaked is not in either version I have.

Edit : Must be the case of the missing gag! Dug out my old VHSs and they both appear to be the same. It's just the gag showing how Price got soaked is not there!?! No print damage in the VCI version, it just looks cut since he changes in appearance from scene to scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks