What's new

Chamber of Secrets - Ideal Specs? (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
As the release of the film draws closer, I was thinking about what I'd want on the DVD after the original lackluster release.

Disc One:
Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer
Teaser, Theatrical, and International Trailers
Audio Commentary with Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, and Rupert Grint
Audio Commentary with Steve Kloves and J.K. Rowling
Audio Commentary with Chris Columbus, David Heyman, and possible adult cast members

Disc Two:
"Richard Harris: In Memorium" - a little something remembering Richard Harris, whose final role was Dumbledore in the film. It could be anything from a short clips montage from his career ending with Dumbledore to a full blown featurette with cast and crew interviews. I just think it'd be a classy thing to do.

"HBO First Look: Chamber of Secrets" - The HBO documentary on the film that's premiering next month.

"Book to Screen featurette" - features read clips from the book set to a montague from the film following the unscreen action.

"Behind the Scenes of the Chamber of Secrets" - An in-house full length documentary on the making of the film, without the fluff found in the EPK pieces and even the HBO thing.

"Adapting The Book" - a featurette with Steve Kloves on how he adapted the book for the screen.

"A Day in the Life of" - it's probably too late to do this since principle photography is over, but follow select cast and crew members around for a day of filming and compile it together into one "fly-on-the-wall" documentary.

"Deleted Scenes" - in an easily reachable format.
- Fluff for the kiddies ala the first disc... games and so forth.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
NO HBO FIRST LOOK! THEY'RE _CRAP_

A REAL documentary

It doesn't matter anyway, as we're going to get a craptastic extras package like we did last time anyway

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Hopefully, they will make the deleted scenes easier to get to. Having it as an option to include them in the film via seamless branching would be really nice!

Adrian_P

Stunt Coordinator
I would definately be interested in a commentary by J.K Rowling. As I wouldn't mind hearing what she thought of the films they created. Also wouldn't mind seeing some real documentaries too.

I also feel a Richard Harris tribute would be very fitting.

Let's hope Warner releases this without having to go through all the silly games.

Funny thing is though I have had my 10 - 14 year old cousins play the special features DVD and turn to me and ask me where are all the cool documentaries because they couldn't seem to find anything due to all the hoops users have to jump through to access anything of substance. Lets just say they got really sick of the extras disc on my copy of The Philosopher's Stone.

YANG

Screenwriter
"NO HBO FIRST LOOK! THEY'RE _CRAP_"

Agree...HBO FIRST LOOK featurettes are usually so short that the in depth detail on the making of the film are often left out.
I do hope for NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC documentary...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks