What's new

Challenging room sub placement help (1 Viewer)

JDErickson

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
Please see diagram of my home theater room. Currently I have 1 sub at location listed. Is this a good spot for this room?

I plan on adding a second sub. Where would be the best place to put it (and the first sub) in a 2 sub setup.

SW-8MK2 (current sub)

specifications
› Frequency Range....................................................38 Hz-150 Hz
› Maximum Input Power.......................................................100 W
› Driver Size.................................................................................8”
› Dimensions (W x H x D) ...........12-3/16” x 14-3/16” x 12-3/16”
› Weight (each)..............................................................20 lbs 4 oz
› Power Consumption............................................................1.0 A
› Power Requirement................................................120 V / 60 Hz
› UPC........................................................................012562906133
Andrew Jones Designed 100-Watt* Powered Subwoofer
*50W FTC Power Output

RW12D (new sub arrives today)

SPECIFICATIONS
AMPLIFIER: BASH digital hybrid
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(230,237,245);]AMPLIFIER POWER: FTC Rated Power: 350 watts continuous @

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Try the top/left corner of the drawing. Also, as you experiment with different sub positions be sure to recalibrate(and tweak the distance setting / phase setting each time you move the woof.

Tom V.

Doug Hess

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Doug Hess
Fuzz posted a link to an article that has the advice I always give. Rather than schlepping the sub around the room to try different spots, put it where you'll be sitting and YOU move around to find the best spot. This will identify the correct acoustical relationship between you and the sub. Works every time.

-Doug

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Doug Hess said:
Fuzz posted a link to an article that has the advice I always give. Rather than schlepping the sub around the room to try different spots, put it where you'll be sitting and YOU move around to find the best spot. This will identify the correct acoustical relationship between you and the sub. Works every time.

-Doug
To do this 100% the correct way, you need to get your sub up to ear level.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks