CGI Bruce Lee

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SteveGon, Dec 1, 2001.

1. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I saw this over at Cinescape. Sorry if it's been discussed before, but I don't remember seeing a thread on it...

2. Anthony_D

Anthony_D Stunt Coordinator

computer generating yoda is one thing....CG Bruce Lee is another. it should not be done. it's going to look terrible and is not very considerate to his untimely death

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

If anyone watched the Sopranos when they CGI'd Livia (Nancy Marchand), then I'd say that CGI Bruce Lee is a bad idea (tm).

4. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

I think it's absolutely sickening.

I'll leave it at that, before I say something really nasty.

5. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

I think it's a fantastic idea...
    ...FOR ME TO POOP ON!
    [​IMG]
    -Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

6. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

I think it will look more like Final Fantasy than the CGI work done on Sopranos or Gladiator.

I also think it a bad idea.

7. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I think its just rude.

8. bill lopez

bill lopez Second Unit

I can't wait!
    It can't be worse than what they did by using a double in GAME OF DEATH. [​IMG]

9. MikeAW

MikeAW Second Unit

This only goes to "prove" that the Lee family and these motion picture producers are genuinely intellectually and morally bankrupt.

The unfortunate thing is that it reflects negatively on ALL filmmakers and the media industry, at large. But what's ironic, is that it is true!

In the long run, it gives the Media Industry an excuse in the future, not to hire living, qualified actors...which I'm sure they are going to exploit to a great extent...in ALL media...because the Consumer is going to find it cute, no matter how many times it's employed. The type of producer that's going to exploit it the most, is the one who can afford to pay for it...not the independent filmmaker.

Today's Media Monarchs are not democratic and don't care a twit about the morality about ANYTHING because they don't have to be ethical or moral. Everyone does have a price and every estate that represents a salable Personality will exploit it.

Remakes are "sure things" in an industry where there is no such thing as a sure thing. Anyone from the entire breadth of recorded visual film history can be "resurrected" via this technology, and you will see it! So hold your nose and hold onto your shorts...it's going to be a bumpy ride !

10. Jamie E

Jamie E Stunt Coordinator

Anyone who likes seeing John Wayne shilling beer from the grave, or Fred Astaire dancing with a vacuum cleaner, will undoubtedly be in favor of this movie.

I think the idea is a complete abomination. Not only will it look ridiculous, but Bruce can't even have a say in how he's portrayed or what his "character" does in the film. Hey, if you have a great idea for a martial arts movie, why not get Jet Li to act in it? Lord knows he needs a decent project, and badly!

Can't we let our fallen celebrities live on through their bodies of work and leave it at that? Sheesh.