CES news? anyone?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Chris Brock, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Chris Brock

Chris Brock Second Unit

well CES has came and gone for this year and I was anticipating there would alot of threads about all these new drivers and things that have been rumored but as of yet I have not heard anything? I thought there would alot of new drivers that were being introduced but it doesnt seem like that was the case. anybody know any thing good?

Thanks!

2. Scott Simonian

Scott Simonian Screenwriter

I was supposed to go but my dad could not make time in his schedule to go. So I missed out too. What happened in the Adire room? Last time I was at CES was about two years ago. The Parthenon never existed and the Tumult laid on the floor unpowered. Ahhh, times have changed since. [​IMG]

3. Kyle Richardson

Kyle Richardson Screenwriter

Adire's main focus this year wasnt to show what products they had, but rather to show other vendors what they can do for them behind the scenes. Because of that they didnt have a lot of drivers and speakers on display, but they did have the new speaker kit using the Extremis 6.8 and Usher tweeter and it sounded very, very nice. They also were showing the 4" full range from CSS.

4. Chris Brock

Chris Brock Second Unit

any comparisons between the kit using the Extremis and the Kit 281? I was looking at either the Kit 281 or the HE12.1 but now that the Extremis drivers can be had in a kit that might even be more interesting.

5. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Anything on the new motored 15 and 18" woofs from John J./AKA Stryke Audio that was mentioned a few weeks earlier in another thread asking us to wait till CES...?

John, Kyle, somebody...

Anyone have anything more to chew on!

6. Kyle Richardson

The new Extremis kits sound wonderful! They put out a great amount of kick in the low end even for bookshelf speakers and I predict a lot of people are going to be very happy with their performance. The midrange is very nice as well as the top end with the Usher tweeter.

7. Chris Brock

Chris Brock Second Unit

now, here is the big Q, do you have a date when you think these will be available at your site Kyle? Also do you know what different options are available? I am really looking for a set of MTM towers and a matching center channel. sorry for the questions but this has got me kind of excited!

8. Kyle Richardson

I dont have dates yet, but it will be very soon at least for the MT design.
    There will be:
    1. An MT in a 21 liter ported box tuned to 34Hz.
    2. An MMT in a 56 liter ported box.
    3. An LCR in a 60 liter ported box.

Final specs and pricing havent been released yet but should be when the kits become available.