CES/Kyle Richardson/Everest Sub

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by dave alan, Jan 21, 2004.

1. dave alan

dave alan Second Unit

Just a quick note upon reflecting on the various highlights of my trip to CES:

One of the best stops I made was to the Adire group, in particular, seeing/hearing the mighty Everest sub, and it's designer/builder Kyle Richardson.

The sub is beautifully made, extremely well engineered and the kind of piece of machinery that will abuse you and yours before you might abuse it.

You know...the sort of product that evokes a loud laugh, followed by a few well chosen expletives, while it's only lacing up it's shoes for a performance. [​IMG]

If you get a chance to see/hear one in action...don't pass it up.

Kyle is a first-rate, helluva nice guy, who's word on anything he is about I would except without hesitation.

It was my pleasure to meet him and talk for a bit, after which conversation and demonstration of his wares, I would recommend him and his services to anyone.

Kyle...thanx, and keep up the great work!

2. Kyle Richardson

Kyle Richardson Screenwriter

Wow, thanks!:b

Half of the fun of CES is seeing the products while the other half is meeting all of the great people.
    Thanks again!

3. Marshall Joyner

Marshall Joyner Auditioning

I'm sure he'll be flattered by your post dave. (edit kyle posted on top of me ...too slow!)
    I agree...the Everest is a work of art acoustically and aesthetically...so much so...the President of RE insisted they work out a deal for the Everest model on site...
    He's got a sharp mind...and pretty open to new ideas...we often meet the minds on our related areas of focus to help each other out...Super nice guy.... generous..easy to work with .... glad to call him my friend.

Marshall

4. Dean Mar

Dean Mar Stunt Coordinator

Yeah,

Kyle is certainly good on his word. I have a version of his Kilimanjaro sub that he recommended to me before he came out with his Tumult based subs. He supplied me with the Tumult, HS500 amp, enclosure and grill. All I had to do was finish the enclosure ( I laminated it in black formica )and mount the driver and amp.

This sub is incredible and for the price you can't begin to touch it with anything commercially made. He made sure that I got a deal on the amp and I bought the Tumult during the pre-order.

If any of you are not sure about building your own sub or are concerned about the DIY sub being competitive with commercial brands then talk to Kyle.

He will steer you in the right direction.

5. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

I got to hear the Everest at CES and see it flex it's muscles a little. [​IMG] It's a beast! [​IMG] It's like the big brother to the sub I have sitting in the corner of my room, but it's got a much nicer finish. :b (my single tumult with 4 15" PRs is raw BB)

Kyle's a great guy too. He's really nice to talk to, as were Chris, Dr. Hyre, and Dan.

ps: The RE guys were top notch too.

6. Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka Supporting Actor

You saw/heard Kyle Richardson? Sweet! Was he loud? Did he have good transient response? Did he have good bass extension?

7. Kyle Richardson

Why of course! I only put out the very best [​IMG]

8. Mike Keith

Mike Keith Second Unit

I’ll join this mutual admiration society, Kyle was instrumental in helping me plan my Sonosub project and made my decision to buy a pair of Maelstrom subs much easier, and am very pleased I did, the project turned out better than I had hoped. Thanks Kyle, if you haven’t already seen the pictures of the finished project I would be glad to send you some. Also are there pictures of the Everest available on the Web?

9. Kyle Richardson

There are some pictures on Audiogon from CES of this year besides the ones on the site. Speaking of the Maelstrom, that is one driver that doesnt get the attention that I think it deserves. It is extremely musical, can go in a 24" cube, and is perfectly content with 250-350 watts. I'm glad you are happy with your pair Mike.