CES: Any Pioneer Elite news? Upconversion???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott_Jua, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Scott_Jua

Scott_Jua Stunt Coordinator

Anyone with the skinny on CES or ANY news for that matter know or hear/read anything about Pioneer's Elite models for the new year?
    Or any news on new receivers to debut soon with mutiple cources upconverted to component? Of course in the more affordable range than the flagship models now. (Yes I know the 3803 does this [​IMG] )

2. Scott_Jua

3. DerekM

DerekM Agent

I would also like to know this, as I will be in the market for a new receiver shortly.

4. DanielSmi

DanielSmi Second Unit

The only news about receivers from pioneer is that the non-Elite line will incorporate the MCACC function.

Daniel Smith

5. Dave Crigna

Dave Crigna Stunt Coordinator

Yep, That is about it, talked with there rep and as of right now, no changes to the elite line. Just the non elite new 912 w/auto mcacc and 812 with manual mcacc also will use a new motorola 48bit chip

6. Scott_Jua

Actually maybe this is news... I wonder...since now that the non-Elite line is encorporating MCACC with Microphone, and all the other new features...does this mean the Elite Line will get a second generation MCAAC, and/or more features later in the year? But how much later? I wonder if we can lookf forward to all signal upconversion...??? This would rule, but if I knew for sure I'd be holding off until then to get one of the new ones. Of course all signal upconversion are my ONLY qualms with the Elite line of receivers. Everything else on them is great...they sound great, look great, and are just plain bad arse. [​IMG]
    I wonder what look the new Pioneer receivers will take...??? Pictures?