What's new

Cerwin Vega (1 Viewer)

Jay Foster

Stunt Coordinator
Hey,

I have Cerwin Vega E-310 floor standing speakers and an LW-10 subwoofer.

I have been reading a lot of the posts regarding speakers, etc. and I am looking to make an upgrade if it means that much of a difference in the sound.

The question I have is whether the upgrade will make much of a difference. In other words, since I am not much of an audiophile, the speakers I have now sound good to me, but if I make a significant upgrade, will it show that the speakers I have suck (upgrade=that big bad boy svs subwoofer, paradigm speakers or the speakers just reviewed in dvd etc.)? I generally only watch movies, I don't listen to music very much if this makes a difference.

I live about an hour from New Orleans and an hour from Mobile so if there is a dealer there, I can drive to listen to speakers.

I would appreciate any input. Thanks.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I had Cerwin Vegas also then I upgraded. I had 12" floorstanders and a 12" sub. The 12" speakers had nice sound with a lot of bass. The sub I had I thought it sounded good until I heard a DIY sub. That was all it took. I had to upgrade. I suggest starting with upgrading the sub first. Then the others if you feel the need to. The Cerwin Vega subs don't go low enough for HT IMHO. Let us know what you decide.

Rick-S

Agent
Jay,
In my opinion, you would benefit from an upgrade especially with the sub. I have the LW-12 sub and it is only adequate for HT needs. For one thing, I think it bottoms out at around 32-35 hz not to mention that it gets extremely boomy around 90.

If you are looking for a high end store, there is Hoopers in Hattiesburg and Fiddler Hi Fi in Mobile right off Airport Blvd. Hoopers sells Klipsch and Fiddler sells Klipsch & Monitor Audio among many others.

CV is not a bad speaker but there are many better for HT and especially music.

Jay Foster

Stunt Coordinator
I appreciate everyone's input. I think I will start with the subwoofer upgrade. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks