What's new

Cerwin vega VE15 and NAD C 352 amp (1 Viewer)

quendi

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Hughes
Hi I currently have two Cerwin Vega AT10 speakers that I have just blown the foam around the woofer into a million pieces. In my search for replacement foam part, I have come across a pair of Cerwin Vega VE15 speakers for a good price http://www.cerwinvega.com/home-audio/floorstanding-speakers/ve-15f.html . My amp is a NAD C352 http://nadelectronics.com/products/hifi-amplifiers/C-352-Stereo-Integrated-Amplifier
Is this amp enough to drive these speakers?
Thanks

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
The NAD produces 80wpc in stereo mode, and the CVs have a 85 db sensitivity (and NAD is know for providing conservative wattage specs); so you should be fine unless you're in a very large room or outdoors. Do you usally drive your current speakers with the volume max'd?
The more important issue is usally the impedance match. CV doesn't list the impedance, which is unusal; but the NAD handles 4 ohms, so again you should be fine.
BTW, replacing the foam is not a difficult fix. If you like your current speakers that's the way to go.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Even a stereo shop should only charge $30/each speaker to refoam them.
You could try it yourself first for $10-$15...if you screw it up, so what. Try again. It isn't very tough to do.

quendi

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Hughes
With the current amp, usually run the volume at between 9 o'clock and for very loud at 10 o'clock. On the weekend it was being run at 12 o'clock, and was insanely loud. So no have never had the amp anywhere close to maxed out. And yes will replace the foam in the old speakers too, but came across the 15" for a good price and was thinking of getting them and having the old ones for the shed:)

quendi

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Hughes
With the current amp, usually run the volume at between 9 o'clock and for very loud at 10 o'clock. On the weekend it was being run at 12 o'clock, and was insanely loud. So no have never had the amp anywhere close to maxed out. And yes will replace the foam in the old speakers too, but came across the 15" for a good price and was thinking of getting them and having the old ones for the shed:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks