What's new

Cerwin Vega HT-S10 Subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked up the aforementioned model and I'm having a lot of difficulty getting anything, except on the LOTR DVD.
I've set it up according to the setup guide for both the sub and the reciever (Onkyo TX-696). I've turned on the subwoofer on the reciever and have it turned up to +12db and still getting a little hum. I've got the volume on the sub cranked and I've played with the cross over and still, might as well just have the speakers because the sub does nothing....
Anyone have any ideas? or recommendations for subs for the Onkyo reciever?
Shane
www.eyecravedvd.com

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
I'm not familiar with the Onkyo model, but with other receivers you have to turn on the correct mode. Make sure you have it set up for 5.1 sound, and also that it's hooked up to the "subwoofer output" on the receiver, and an "input" on the sub. You might also have to go into a menu on the receiver and tell it that there is a subwoofer hooked up to it, which will then in turn activate the subwoofer out on the receiver. Are you getting sound out of all the speakers or just the l/r fronts?
You said it works for LOTR but no other disc? I've never experienced that before, maybe after playing LOTR it will only accept exceptional epic adventures to play. ;) Good Luck!

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator
It works now. It turns out the guy at store told me that you needed a Y-cable to make this sub work. Well, that guy was wrong. I connected it with a single cable and worked fine.

Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks