What's new

Cerwin Vega drivers. (1 Viewer)

Robert Burchell

Auditioning
what do you guys think of cerwin vega drivers ? im asking because they go relativly cheap on ebay, and im looking into possibly building some new speakers. there about 25$ for (2) 8" woofers. about 40$ for a pair of tweeters, 25 for crossovers, 75$ for (2) 10" woofers, and about 30 for a pair of 6" mids. think they could make some sturdy speakers givin the right drivers are matched together ? think it would make a sturdy set of speakers that sounded pretty good or would it be a big waste of money ?

Mike Fassler

Supporting Actor
I have a set of Cerwin vega speakers with a 15" woofer 6 1/2 mid and 2 3/4 inch tweeters one on front one on back, they sound pretty good, but i only use them for music.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
If you don't know anything about speaker building, and that includes how to design, test, and modify the crossovers, as well access to some rudimentary electronic test equipment and all that, I'd say you're wasting your time. Further, despite their low price, they are vastly overated as drivers. My suggestion if you're going to build anything, give subs a try instead. And no, I don't mean get a CW sub driver either.

Robert Burchell

Auditioning
well i know fair amount about sub building, as i have built my own car subs in the past, and plan to build an adire audio tempest in the near future, i have little experience with building speakers, i can design a box most likley, just not sure on what drivers are good and whats not ect ect.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks