What's new

Cerwin Vega Cmx-45C center channel (1 Viewer)

Shorty Boy76

Agent
Real Name
Pastor Tree
Has anybody ever tried or owned this center channel? Thinking about purchasing one. I have a Yamaha V863 to push it, but I might use an external amp...

Shorty Boy76

Agent
Real Name
Pastor Tree
No do not having matching left or right fronts, or anything else cerwin vega to match. Looking for a center that will give me a wider soundstage up front on vocals. The V863 is rated at 105 a channel which at the center is probably more like 65w. If I use an amp, I could at least give it 130w or better.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Timbre matching the fronts is the most critical aspect of choosing a center. If you don't care about that, then by all means go for the CV.
Wattage ratings for speakers and receivers are almost useless. During normal listening sessions, you are probably only sending 5 to 10 watts to each speaker. Peaks during action movies are easily handled by the receiver's power supply. If you never stress the amps in the receiver then adding an external amp is a waste of money.
The different between 65w and 130w is at best 3db max. In reality, it is more like 2db since power compression starts to happen at higher wattages.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks