Certain discs not progressive on RP91

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Billy Fogerty, Sep 25, 2001.

1. Billy Fogerty

Billy Fogerty Stunt Coordinator

Aug 12, 2001
    I just recieved my RP91 today. Have been fooling around with it since it came. It is an outsanding player, and the picture quality is breathtaking. The question I have is, when playing Young Frankenstien, the progressive light goes off. The same thing happened with Universals Classic Monster Collection titles. Would anyone know the reason for this? Other titles I tried played in progressive mode, the light was on. I would love to know why. I doubt if it is the players fault.
  2. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

Dec 16, 1998
    The blue progressive light indicator will shut off after a few seconds for all discs, depending on how you have setup the dimmer light options in the setup menu (sorry, but I cannot remember the different settings, and I am at work).
    One observation I have made regarding the blue light -- it will always come on for a few seconds when the player switches aspect ratio modes as it changes between anamorphic, full frame and zoom/scale full frame. Could this be why you see the light come on for some discs?
    I have never had the RP-91 automatically switch to interlaced output depending on the disc being played. It stays in progressive mode unless I press the button on the front panel of the player.
    My DVD Collection
    AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 5