1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Certain discs not progressive on RP91

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Billy Fogerty, Sep 25, 2001.

1. Billy Fogerty

Billy Fogerty Stunt Coordinator

I just recieved my RP91 today. Have been fooling around with it since it came. It is an outsanding player, and the picture quality is breathtaking. The question I have is, when playing Young Frankenstien, the progressive light goes off. The same thing happened with Universals Classic Monster Collection titles. Would anyone know the reason for this? Other titles I tried played in progressive mode, the light was on. I would love to know why. I doubt if it is the players fault.

2. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

The blue progressive light indicator will shut off after a few seconds for all discs, depending on how you have setup the dimmer light options in the setup menu (sorry, but I cannot remember the different settings, and I am at work).
    One observation I have made regarding the blue light -- it will always come on for a few seconds when the player switches aspect ratio modes as it changes between anamorphic, full frame and zoom/scale full frame. Could this be why you see the light come on for some discs?
    I have never had the RP-91 automatically switch to interlaced output depending on the disc being played. It stays in progressive mode unless I press the button on the front panel of the player.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    My DVD Collection
    AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 5