What's new

Centre surround placement (2 Viewers)

Doug Smith

Second Unit
I have found that placing the rear centre surround (6.1 system)at ear level seems to work better than when it is elevated. Many ES and EX movies seem to deliver some sound from rear surround to centre front, making this arrangement really work. The right and left surrounds I have elevated. Anybody else try this?

Jeff Meininger

Second Unit
I'm bumping this thread up because I think it's a good topic for discussion.

Where is the 6.1 center surround SUPPOSED to be... ear level or elevated? And for those of you who have experimented with both, what are your conclusions?

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
I've got my pair about a foot above ear level. I started about 3 feet above (same as my sides) and worked my way down until it sounded right. After placing them there, I built a nice black shelf to match my speakers.

Jon_Liu

Stunt Coordinator
I've also got mine about a foot above ear level. Unfortunately the speaker is only about 3-4 feet behind, so doesn't leave a whole lot of room to let the sound disperse. But with this set up, a foot above, it seems to disperse the sound well enough to get both a straight-from-behind sound and also an over-head sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2handband