What's new

Central Park West (1 Viewer)

Robert Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Watson
How many of you on here remember the short lived tv series called Central Park West? Well, I do.

I must admit that it wasn't the best show that Darren Star had ever created. I thought it was exceptional.

Most of the cast members from the show like Madchen Amick, John Barrowman, Justin Lazard, Melissa Errico, Kylie Travis, and Michael Michele have not been heard from since. There are a few exceptions:

Madchen Amick: She appeared in a few episodes of Dawson's Creek as well as Gilmore Girls. She also appeared as a regular of the remake version of "Fantasy Island."

Mellisa Errico: She appeared in the short lived series called "Miss Match." She also came out with a CD last year.

Michael Michele: She is appearing in the series called "Kevin Hill" this fall.

Tom Verica: He is in the show called "American Dreams."

The others have fallen off from the face of the earth.

Lauren Hutton still acts every now and then. Ron Leibman and Mariel Hemingway still have their acting careers.

Please tell me what you thought of the show when it came out in 1995. Thank you very much.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I watched the show and then they had to revamp it and it was less entertaining then.
Yeah, great cast. I remember Madchen Amick from Twin Peaks.
Not sure why it didnt do well. I dont remember what the competition was.

Joe S

Second Unit
I used to watch this, enjoyed it to some extent. Didn't Raquel Welch join the cast near the end? Maybe I'm confusing it with something else.

As I recall, the series ended abruptly without resolution of plot lines.

Robert Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Watson
Raquel Welch did join the cast during the revamped part of the series. It still did not do well. As far as I was concerned, the writers and the producers of Central Park West should have stayed with the true vision of the show instead of revamping it.

My favorite episodes are the first three episodes because Kim Raver had a recurring role. She played a woman who came from a wealthy family and accused the toxic bachelor who was a stockbroker of losing her money. There was so much animosity between the two. Kim Raver became a member of an ensemble cast of Third Watch four years later.

Joe S

Second Unit
You have a good memory, or you may have recorded the episodes back then. I do remember a bit of the stockbroker plot line though. Maybe Trio will broadcast the episodes someday.

Robert Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Watson
I hope so, too. The Trio Channel would be perfect to show the episodes of Central Park West. Plus, this is the month that the Trio channel is showing a bunch of shows that were flops.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
John Barrowman starred in the ludicrous direct-to-video "Shark Attack 3: Megalodon."

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
John Barrowman starred in the ludicrous direct-to-video "Shark Attack 3: Megalodon."

Robert Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Watson
Thanks for the information.

I know that Justin Lazard starred in those "Species" movies. After that, it seems like he dropped out of the acting world. I believe that Justin got typecasted as the good looking male. He just gave it up and called it a day.

Robert Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Watson
Thanks for the information.

I know that Justin Lazard starred in those "Species" movies. After that, it seems like he dropped out of the acting world. I believe that Justin got typecasted as the good looking male. He just gave it up and called it a day.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Michael Michele has done a hell of a lot of better projects since "Central Park West", "Homicide:Life on the Streets" and "ER" to name a few. Not being heard from again is far from what her career has been.

Michael Michelle on IMDB

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Michael Michele has done a hell of a lot of better projects since "Central Park West", "Homicide:Life on the Streets" and "ER" to name a few. Not being heard from again is far from what her career has been.

Michael Michelle on IMDB

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
How did this show end? I missed the finale and never knew of what became of the characters.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
How did this show end? I missed the finale and never knew of what became of the characters.

Robert Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Watson
If I remember correctly when the show got retooled, Carrie was tied to a chair by Mark Wells. He went nuts. She apologized for breaking up his marriage and he shot himself.

I'm hoping that the TRIO channel will play the episodes of Central Park West one of these days.

Robert Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Watson
If I remember correctly when the show got retooled, Carrie was tied to a chair by Mark Wells. He went nuts. She apologized for breaking up his marriage and he shot himself.

I'm hoping that the TRIO channel will play the episodes of Central Park West one of these days.

Robert Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Watson
I'm also hoping that there will be a DVD release of the show. I know that it's unlikely at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks