What's new

Centerpin coax connectors any good? (1 Viewer)

Anthony F.

Stunt Coordinator
The new RadioShack.com catalog came today and in it was a listing for Centerpin connectors. These are solderless, crimpless connectors that work with RG-6 and RG-59 cables and terminate into RCA connectors. Has anyone tried this with success? If they're any good it might be a cheap way for folks to get int DIY cables without having to lay out a lot of money for tools. Any thoughts? The item number is 910-5480 .

Brian_J

Second Unit
Great minds think alike! I saw this yesterday for the first time as well and would like to know about them.
Ouch but i also just noticed that they are like >$5 each.
Brian
------------------
Zed's Dead Baby...

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
While I have not seen these (I may eventually order some to try it since they indicate they are not in stores), $5.95 each is not outrageous in terms of a good connector. Making a good connection is very important. From what I have seen of other solderless items or products that claim to be easy to crimp with anything, I am skeptical but willing to look.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks