Center to go with Klipsch SF-1s?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BertFalasco, Oct 23, 2001.

1. BertFalasco

BertFalasco Supporting Actor

I just got my Klipsch SF-1s today and man do they kick boooootay!! If anyone knows, what center should I get? I'm soon getting an SVS so I'm pretty damn psyched, thanks!!
    Bert

2. Ken Leggatt

Ken Leggatt Stunt Coordinator

Get the Klipsch SC-1 centre channel. It is the proper match for the speakers you have.

3. Myram

Myram Second Unit

Bert.....
    check out the Klipsch BB....it's located at www.klipsch.com
    You will find out everything you need to know about your speakers, which ones go with them, and have a lot of fun talking about Klipsch and HT.
    ------------------
    Home Theater Page

4. Andy F

Andy F Stunt Coordinator

while the sc1 is the proper match, you can get away with the rc3. I found the sc1 to be a bit lacking, the center is after all the most important speaker in home theater. the rc3 is a great speaker, and you wouldn't have to buy a new one to uprgrade to the rf3's.

5. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    Bert,
    I have the sf-2's for my surrounds and I love them! There are a couple of good centers in the synergy series you can use. I would suggest the kscc1 though because you can get it on ubid for about $79 to $99. It originally retailed for $200 to $300. I got one for my rear center and it is a fine performer. Enjoy!

6. MatthewJ S

MatthewJ S Supporting Actor

I can't believe how many times I have to reitterate what should be the most basic tenant of multi-channel speaker set-ups! [​IMG] VOICE MATCH, VOICE MATCH, VOICE MATCH.... would anyone here ever consider mismatching your left and right speakers ????? Then why would anyone not use the MATCHED CENTER CHANNEL!!!!! SC1!!!!!!!!!!!

7. BertFalasco

BertFalasco Supporting Actor

Thanks, I'm also thinking of RC-3 but I dont know if it might drain sound out, I'll go to local retailer and "audition" each. Thanks
    Bert

8. Andy F

Andy F Stunt Coordinator

Because many times, especially with klipsch products, there are very similar alternatives that may be a better choice for certain individuals. I do completely understand that the sc1 is the correct match, and i understand the importance of timbre matching. HOWEVER, perhaps this individual is not quite as worried about timbre matching as he is about it sounding good to his ears. While identical speaker matching is important, mid mid/bass levels will not sound the same because of cabinet size. and the tweeters in this case, while not identical, are quite similar in both sound and design. I say take a listen to both and see what you like. These two systems, the synergy and reference are quite similar.
    I think we should all remember that there are no rules to follow here. We buy the products we do because they sound good to US and give US pleasure in listening to them. Don't worry about what experts recommend. With a little practice, you will be able to figure out exactly what YOU want. We are all here to learn how to enhance our experiences, not to gain approval from other "experts."

9. MatthewJ S

MatthewJ S Supporting Actor

My ears like both the sound of klipsch referance and klipsch synergy, that's why I HAVE A RF3 AS MY LEFT SPEAKER AND A SF3 AS MY RIGHT, AFTER ALL THERE IS NO WRONG WAY ,MERELY WHAT SOUNDS CORRECT TO ME! HA-HA!!!;rolleyes:
    As for the differances in size of cabinet/mid-bass & bass matching ,most people would agree that image and tonality will be much less affected/noticable below @ 100hz,which is why are surrounds and centers are typically smaller but I have great respect for the purists who use 5 identicle speakers all the way around!Yeah! pan and place without voicematching........hey, dude when the recording engineer put @ 65% of that piano's sound in the right speaker and @ 35% in the center ,do you think he figured that my one speaker would make that piano sound like a steinway and the other speaker would make it sound like a yamaha?...I'll still get a coherant image ,won't I?