What's new

Center/Surrounds to Match Infinity RS-625 (1 Viewer)

Jim Rondeau

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, I am thinking about purchasing these speakers from my brother. They sound good to me, but I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with these speakers. He's had them for a while and I can't find any information about them on the net. Also I wanted to get an idea of their worth. He wants $200 for them. They will also be matched up with a Cambridge Soundworks Basscube 10.

I would also like to know what inexpensive Infinity Center and Surrounds would match well with these. Thanks!

Jim

Greg Schwabacher

Stunt Coordinator
Jim, I have an old set of Infinity RS-625's set up in my second bedroom. IMO they were good speakers for their time but their sound is far eclipsed by my newer Klipsch Reference system.

IMO $200 is a little steep for speakers that old. I bought mine new for $325/pair back in 1995.

I did use a full Infinity 5.1 set up for about two years. In addition to the RS-625's, I have an RS-Video center channel speaker and two Reference One bookshelf speakers for surrounds. All of these speakers have the same "Polycell" tweeters and similarly constructed woofers so their tonal quality is pretty consistent. Unfortunately, the bookshelf speakers were cosmetically damaged and finding a similar-performing replacement is next to impossible.

Jim Rondeau

Stunt Coordinator
Greg, thanks for the reply. You must have got a good deal on the speakers. My brother has the receipt showing he paid $500 for them in 1995 (I didn't know they were that old). I'll try and work out a better deal with him.

These speakers will be used in my living room. I have a full DefTech setup in my basement home theater. I would like to find 'tonal' matching center and surrounds. I assume as long as they have the Polycell tweeter that would probably be close enough. I've seen a couple of surrounds on E-Bay that have it, but no centers yet. Are you still using the ones you have? If not, interested in selling?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks