What's new

Center Speaker Upgrade (1 Viewer)

Nandan

Auditioning
Real Name
Anushil Nandan
Hi,

I have an Onkyo HT-S7800 and i would like to replace my existing center speaker with Klipsch RP-250C. Is it compatible with my existing system? Is Klipsch RP-250C worth the upgrade from my existing center speaker?

Thanks in advance

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
What is the problem with the current center? Have you tried moving it? Is it aimed properly and not buried in a cabinet?

How does Klipsch sound to you? Will it be out of place with the other speakers? Most of the time you want to get your speakers in a set designed to sound similar (timbre matched). Putting a random speaker in the middle may make things sound strange. Think of a movie where a voice starts at the left speaker and pans across the front. If the center speaker make the voice change it would be weird and distracting.

I suggest if you like the Klipsch get at least the front 3. Alternatively, check to see if Onkyo offers a better center (assuming you've done all you can with your current center).

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
I understand the need for a separate Center Speaker for those with different layouts for their screen or monitor,
but, in general, I never understand a Center Speaker that is different from the Right/Left Front Speakers.
It seems to me that all 3 of the Front Speakers (Right/Center/Left) should be the same make/brand/size if at all possible for one's room.

DigitalDawn

Agent
Real Name
Dawn Luks
Agreed. All front speakers need to have the same drivers, crossover and cabinet characteristics.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks