What's new

Center Speaker / TV Interference (1 Viewer)

Hey guys. I have a Sony STR K740-P Receiver with a Pioneer Center speaker. I currently have the center speaker mouned on top of my 27" daewoo flatscreen television. Earlier today I had a blank screen on my TV and noticed a dark spot towards the top of the screen. I lifted the speaker and it went away, so I am guessing that my center pioneer speaker is not shielded. I was wondering if there is any quick fix to this? Any way I can shield it myself? I have a window behind my TV so a shelf isn't really an option.
Thanks!

-Ryan

Bill_Wil

Stunt Coordinator
Ryan,
Are your main speakers also Pioneer? If not then maybe it would be a good chance to get a matching center speaker. That would be the easiest/best fix. I dont know of an easy/long-term fix. Maybe try placing a slab of steel under the center speaker but it seems that over time that will also become magnetized and the problem might return.

I would return it, but is 5 or so years old. It came in a pioneer bookshelf surround kit which feature the center and two rear surrounds. What do shielded speakers have in them that make them shielded?

RickMo

Stunt Coordinator
Ryan. I've found that "shielded" speakers still create problems for TVs, especially the old CRT-type. Shielded speakers may be better than non-shielded, but they still create some magnetic interference for TVs. There are "bucking" magnets that you can try but I'm not familiar with their success/failure rate. I think I've seen them for sale at partsexpress.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks