What's new

Center speaker stand under tv (1 Viewer)

Jim*Tod

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
I have a 50" Panasonic Plasma. Currently I am working on upgrading my sound system.
I want to switch from an old Sony 5.1 system to a new Yamaha. My current center speaker fits neatly into the space between the blu ray, dvd player, cable box, and vcr on my stand. But the center speaker for the Yamaha is wider and will not fit in that space. I do not want to mount the speaker on the tv itself or on the wall. What I am looking for, but can't seem to locate online, would be simple boxlike shelf on which I could sit the tv and have the center speaker inside this box. Essentially it would be a very small shelf about 15 inches wide, 15 inches deep, and probably about 6 to eight inches high with the back and front open. Were I clever with building things, I would do so. Anyone know where I might find something like that? Thanks.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Just making sure, cause many people don't think of that. Mine is currently sitting on top of a 5-disc CD player with the Directv HD-DVR.

Jim*Tod

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
I am now thinking another alternative would just to be raise the tv a few inches with a black box of some sort. I'd rather not put my cd changer under the tv. If I raised the tv I could just put the center speaker in front of the tv. I was able to do this with the two previous tvs but with the Panasonic it interfers with/blocks the remote control function. Some sites are showing what are essentially monitor stands for a pc, but none so far are quite the right dimensions. What ever I end up with it needs to be black to go with the entertainment center which is almost new, the tv, and most of my components.

I can't be the first person who needs something like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks