What's new

Center Speaker Question (1 Viewer)

Ivan P

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
I am new on this forum and I have couple questions.

I don't own hi-end HT but just enough good for me.
So right now I have Infinity RS8 on front, Bose 301 IV for surround and Bose VCS-10 for center.
Well I would like to start with replacing VCS-10 with something better (don't laught I know 99% of the people here wouldn't buy BOSE) well I think is not performing that good so If going to get new center what should I get.
I am thinking maybe something from Infinity to match my front or should I go for something else.
My Receiver is Technics SA-D10 i believe I need to double check

Thanks
Ivan

Jason GT

Second Unit
Questions to ask yourself:

Are you going to upgrade your fronts anytime soon? Ever?

Do you like to regularly upgrade?

If you don't think you'll upgrade too soon, see if you can find a matching Infinity centre channel speaker. If you're a chronic upgrader, find a set of speakers that you like and will be able to afford, and get a centre from that line.

Ivan P

Stunt Coordinator
Well I am plan to upgrade the front too, but I am not ready to spend money for front, so I am sick of BOSE, and I need good center, well I am looking to spend fortune but I would like something not very expensive, but to be good, money for performance not money for just name like BOSE, and I aways start from back to front I will buy something small and will match the rest to it :)))
so what would you recomend for good center speaker ?

Thanks

Jason GT

Second Unit
It depends on your budget, and I'm not in the best position to help as I don't live in the US.

Typical suspects for value: JBL, Paradigm, NHT, Energy... a long list.

Many are proponents of internet-direct brands such as AV123's Rockets and Axiom Audio's speakers; I have not heard either but there are definitely some proponents of these.

That said, if you outline what type of "sound" you like there may be some in a good position to help you out.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Give us an idea of your budget Ivan.

I agree with Jason’s comments. Since you eventually plan to upgrade all of your fronts, pick a line that suits your listening needs and get that center.

BTW, I agree with your decision to replace the VC-10. I’m not exactly a Bose basher, but that center is an absolutely poor speaker for its intended purpose. It does not have enough presence to allow you to properly hear dialogue, except at low sound levels. And it seems even worse when paired with other, better front speakers.

If you like the Infinity sound, you ought to check out other models from their more expensive lines.

Otherwise, I suggest that you give some of the Internet companies a try: Axiom and Ascend (the CBT-340) is a very good center for the money ($300). Or the Rocket ELT line. That center is extremely good in its price range ($300) and very good-looking. A matching pair of front speakers is another $250.

If you have a bigger budget, the Rocket RSC200 at $600 is a great center. It is very large and heavy however, so you have to like the look.

Good luck with your selection process.

Ivan P

Stunt Coordinator
Around $300 is my budget for center speaker.
I will check those company and see if I can match at least the look with my Infinity.
After that I will look at replacent

Thanks
Ivan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks