Center speaker positioning problems.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Hayes, Jan 18, 2002.

1. Scott Hayes

Scott Hayes Second Unit

My center speaker is a Polk Audio CS 350LS. It is 25.5" long 10.5" wide and 7" tall (4-4"speakers plus a 1" tweeter in the middle). It sits on top of a 46" mitsu. I want to angle it torwards my sitting position. I am not sure how much it weighs but it is heavy. Anybody have any suggestions on how to do this? I am worried about it sliding off whatever I put under it. Due to the size whatever support I use needs to be strong yet I dont want alot of weight on top of my tv.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Thomas_A

Thomas_A Second Unit

many have used the angled rubber door stoppers..or go and pick up some new -glue on feat that are just a tad bigger than the front...if no feet now..get larger for the back vs. front...sure many others may have other tricks.

3. Scott Hayes

Scott Hayes Second Unit

I'll try that. Thanks for the info.

4. TylerZ

TylerZ Stunt Coordinator

I have tried the rubber door stoppers like Thomas_A has suggested and they work quite well. The one thing I like is that the rubber won't let the speaker creep forward/downward with extended use.

5. Scott Hayes

Scott Hayes Second Unit

That is what I was worried about. I went to home depot tonight but I haven't found any that were big enough. It is a large speaker cabinet.

6. Pete Jennings

Pete Jennings Second Unit

Scott, there is always the wall mount option. Check out ChuckM's post in the middle of this thread at the HomeTheaterSpot. I did the same thing, total cost was $50. My B&W LCR6 was a little too heavy for my Mits 65807.
    Good luck to you!
    Pete

7. Scott Hayes

Scott Hayes Second Unit

That is fantastic! I am going to do that. Thanks for the info.