What's new

Center Speaker Location Problem... (1 Viewer)

Johnal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnal
Hey Everyone,
I recently received my l/r 340's from Ascend and omg they are amazing. The clarity and accuracy of these speakers made every type of music I listened to sound clean and crisp. I am using the HK7200 for my receiver and I love everything except the remote. Anyway, upon my satisfaction of the 340's I've decided that I would like to have the 340 center speaker. However, I have no space below my television where it could be placed and my TV is not exactly willing to have items placed on top. I have seen those Sanus TV shelves but they only offer support up to 15lbs. In addition my television is pretty sloped. Here is a link to the TV I have. Unfortunately I don't have a digital camera so I have to link it to a site where they are selling my TV. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I could get a 340c up there? Thanks!

My TV

-Johnal

Johnny_M

Second Unit
whats behind the TV? If theres a wall just build a shelf. i had a problem like yours a while back where a window was behind the tv, so i hung the center from the ceiling and had it floating just above the tv.

Johnny

Johnal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnal
Unfortunately I can't hang my speaker up from the ceiling because in my lease agreement it specifically says no drilling holes in the ceiling due to aspestus or whatever. The television is pretty deep but with nothing behind it. However, isn't the center speaker supposed to be flush with the l/r? By the way...how the heck did you hang the speaker? Did you make like a sling for it?

-Johnal

Johnny_M

Second Unit
i basically drilled 2 small hooks into the top of the center speaker, mounted a light wieght chain to each hook, and hung it from the ceiling. it looked kinda cool, but you have to put holes in your center, since i only paid a little bit for that 1 i didnt mind, a high end speaker i probably would not do that to it.

Johnny

Johnal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnal
I just really don't want to have to make/buy a shelf that sticks out over 2 feet. Thank you for your responses though...much appreciated. ;)

-Johnal

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks