What's new

center speaker for old Cerwin Vegas (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Hunt

Stunt Coordinator
Here's the dilemma: I have a friend that isn't truly a home theater buff, but he enjoys surround sound. He's using someone else's Denon AVR3300 receiver to run two old Cerwin Vega AT-12's as left and right and a pair of Bose (I know, now shaddup) 201 bookshelf speakers in the rear. We've hooked up a truly awful old modular TV speaker for the center channel, and it works, but not so well.
Soooo, his birthday is coming up and I really want to get him a decent center channel without breaking the bank. I've seen some from Cerwin Vega, but I wonder if they'll even match his speakers since they're so old.
Does it really matter at this point or should I just get him something good and affordable, like the JBL N-center or possibly something from Home Theater Direct? The thinking there being maybe he could upgrade speakers to match the center channel and add a subwoofer someday if he really cares.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jeff Hunt
http://www.jeffhunt.org
(I need a job!)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If he's not an HT freak, it doesn't really matter. What you need to try to match is the tweeter, the midrange will be much less noticable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks