What's new

Center rear placement problems (1 Viewer)

Dave Getson

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, so I finally bought a center rear speaker. I had it setup, and it works great. Fast forward one month. I move out of my apartment into my own home. I setup all my speakers and pick up my rear and look to where it should go -- Houston, we have a problem. The only wall that I can put this one has a large window that extends pretty much right to the ceiling. There is about a 5" space, which when the speaker rests right on the top of the blinds, fits snuggly (about 1/2" to spare). Now I had it mounted on the wall of my old place with a couple L brackets and that worked great, but in this situation, those aren't going to work. Yes, I can find something and jam it up that high but my concern is that it's not going to have very much impact on a movie I'm watching being that high and pretty much directly above my head (I wish I had more space to place with seating, but alas, I do not). I'm planning on getting a projector in the next couple of weeks, which will be ceiling mounted. So I'll have that speaker and a projector all in the general vacinity. I could probably shuffle the speaker to one side a little and won't notice any major different so give myself a little more room for the projector. Any thoughts on this new dilema? Note to self, study room setups before purchasing next home.

rob-h

Second Unit
Put it on a mount and aim it towards your listening position or the cieling (may be a good option if this is a direct radiator and has to be close to you anyway). If they are dipoles you may have a problem with noise from the frame and window. You may want to use heavy curtains if you do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks