1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Center match for NHT SuperOnes <$150

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bob Y., Jan 10, 2002.

1. Bob Y.

Bob Y. Auditioning

HI,

I'm looking for a center channel speaker to match up with my NHT SuperOne main speakers. I understand the best match in the NHT SuperCenter but I can't afford that tight now. Do you have any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Bob

2. Eric Hopewell

Eric Hopewell Auditioning

How about another Super One. I disagree about the Super Center being the best match. There is one drawback to the horizontal MTM speaker design: When you move off axis from center, frequencies in the crossover vicinity tend to cancel each other out. I use five Super Ones in my setup. There is then absolutely no question about matching the center to your other speakers. For my center I turned it upside down (tweeter on the bottom).

You could probably find a single through one of the online classifieds for $100-150 since the One has been replaced with a new model.

3. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

I agree. I moved a Zero between my Ones to see what the difference would be, replacing a metal dome Yamaha.

Subtle, but obvious, with better off-axis response.

My x-over cuts off at 100hz, so the low end response diff between the 2 doesn't matter.

Looks funny, though.

- CM

4. Dan_Myers

Dan_Myers Agent

5 SuperZero's here too. I also would suggest just getting a SuperOne for your center to match your other SuperOne's.

5. Justin Doring

Justin Doring Screenwriter

Another Super One would be the best match regardless of price.

6. Steve Russell

Steve Russell Stunt Coordinator

I would have to agree on the choice of another superone. I am using one as a center with my supertwo's and a vertically aligned center has much better(even) off axis frequency response. I used to have a MTM horizontal center and will never go back. L-R pans are seamless no matter where I am seated. So it is a little tall on top of the TV? I am willing to sacrifice a little in the aesthetics dept. for performance.(I actually like the way it looks). Compare them and I think you may agree. Good luck whichever way you go.

7. Jon_R

Jon_R Stunt Coordinator

you could ask the guys at www.yawaonline.com they used to be more into nht, but still have some package deals with an odd number of SuperOnes (5). Thus, they may have a single SuperOne just waiting for you to buy it.
    Hope that helps,
    Jon

8. Marvin

Marvin Screenwriter

Marvin
    www.soundcity.com is selling SuperOnes individually for $99. I just ordered 2 yesterday finally, to replace the old Pioneer bookshelf speakers I had been using as my rear speakers. (I also use a SuperOne for a center and Super Twos for mains.)
    Not too many places are still showing the Super Ones (replaced by the SB2, I believe) so I figured now was the time to order.

9. Bob Y.

Bob Y. Auditioning

THANKS FOR ALL REPLIES.

I ordered a new SuperOne from SoundCity.com. I received the speaker in 2 days.

Now all I have to do is remodel my basement and set it all up. LOL..