Center frewuncy for the tone controls of Marantz SR 6200 and 7200?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris PC, Nov 3, 2001.

1. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Does anyone know what the center frequencies are for the bass and treble controls on the SR 6200/7200. I'm particularly curious what the center frequency is for the bass control of my SR 6200.
    My old Technics SU-V40 amp had a center frequency of 50hz. I now understand why I like the sound. I don't "love" the sound, as it does tend to really fatten up the sound in the upper bass a bit much. Its not too bad though, considering my old speakers went to 45hz and my new ones go to 32hz. In room, the speakers are actually much more similar and so a 50hz boost would carry over into the sub 40 hz range a bit. I guess ideally I'd love to have a parametric bass control, say with center frequencies selectable between 20 and 80 hz. Anyways.......
    I guess if my SR 6200 has a different center frequency than 50 hz then thats probably why it seems strange and doesn't have as much effect as the Technics seems too. I don't notice the change is bass using the bass control on the 6200. It has a max of 6 dB and I don't know the center frequency. If its 20, 30 or 40hz, then I can see how it might be less noticable, plus I don't know the slope either. Where could I find this information? I guess with a test disc and my SPL meter I could approximate, right??
    [Edited last by Chris PC on November 17, 2001 at 09:25 AM]

2. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

I would really like to know what the center frequency is for the bass control of this receiver. Anybody know?
    [Edited last by Chris PC on November 17, 2001 at 09:30 AM]