center channel

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by ChrisSC, Oct 6, 2005.

1. ChrisSC

ChrisSC Auditioning

Jan 6, 2005
    I have already searched for any other posts and found nothing. What I was wondering if any one has any 3-way center channel box designs that resemble the polk audio LSiC series center channel. The last attempt I made the speaker sounded horrible. I am wanting to use this as the woofer (parts express # 297-436) this as the mids (parts express # 297-433 ) and this as the tweeter (parts express # 276-154) The crossover that I used was radioshacks 3-way unit.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

2. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Mar 8, 2000
    Doing a Google image search for the LSiC looks like a MTM setup:

Are you looking to reuse the Hi-Vi drivers from your last project? Otherwise, I'd say ditch the 3" midbasses and go with an MTM design using the 5" drivers. (cross 'em over at around 2500 - 3000Hz)

Nothing against the 3" drivers.. it's just that the 5" drivers are fully capable of covering the same frequencies.

Per ISD online: Two 297-436's are maximally flat in a .77 cubic foot box ported with two 1.5" (internal) diameter vents cut to 4.25"

The crossover is another matter entirely. How are you at following a schematic and wielding a soldering iron? [​IMG]