center channel

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Brenden, Dec 28, 2003.

1. Brenden

Brenden Extra

I am a newbie to this stuff, so i will be asking tons of questions. first, do you recommend placing the center channel on top of the TV. the tv is in the corner of the room. also, front channel speakers: i have the tv angled between a window and fireplace. dont know if it would be ok to place the fronts a foot from the tv and 2 feet from ground. thats all it will allow me in the corner unless i run FR speaker about 8 feet from tv and FL speaker about a foot from tv. will that sound funny?

thanks.

2. Brenden

Brenden Extra

ps. there is a link to a web sit with layout on a previous thread. geocities.com/zhidolon/Home_Theater.html?1072603449250

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    You imaging will suffer having one speaker significantly farther from the TV. You can compensate sligtly with receiver settings, but it will still be noticable. IMO, you might want to just try moving the left speaker a bit further away as well, with the right speaker where you suggest. Not too many options with that setup.

The center should be fine on top of the TV, just make sure you isolate it (vibration) somehow.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    double post