What's new
World Wide Stereo

Center channel with a size contraint (1 Viewer)

mcthings

Agent
Real Name
Matt
Hi everyone,

I am trying to find a center speaker for $150 or less that is 7inches or less tall (vertical distance). I have only 1 place to put the center channel, and the enclosure is only that tall.

I was looking at the Elemental Designs 5t5 and the Polk CS1, but they are too big by like .12 inches.

Any suggestions? I will be powering them with an Onkyo TX-SR606 eventually. I currently use a Harmon Kardon AVR30 (terrible I know)

Thanks for your input,

Matt

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
You need a center channel speaker that matches your front speakers.
Look at the same brand to find your center. It's very important those three speakers match, for the sake of the timbre. When panning from side to side, during a movie, it's important that it stays the same sound, all the way across and back.

mcthings

Agent
Real Name
Matt
Actually, I am going to replace all of my speakers in stages. I am leading off with the center speaker, so my exisiting speakers don't matter much. Imagine it as if I dont' have any speakers now at all
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
SVS SCS-01 center channel is 7" x 20" x 8.5" (H x W x D) and only $185 ;)

Cheers,
Alon

mcthings

Agent
Real Name
Matt
The SVS is a little over my price range, and with shipping, way over. I really like the eD speakers, but they are a little too big :frowning:

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Okay then how about the Paradigm Cinema 110 C, retails for under $150, dimensions are 4-5/8 x 17 x 4 (H x W x D).

Cheers,
Alon

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Call them up and see if they can custom build you one. I've seen dozens of speakers on Ben's blog that he and his crew have built for people.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks