What's new

center channel w/sub (1 Viewer)

Steve*_P

Agent
Has anyone hooked a sub to the center speaker terminal on the receiver so that speaker wire goes to the center speaker and a sub woofer and then set it to large? Is that making it a full range speaker? Is there any advantage in doing this? If so would that mean there would be an advantage in doing that to the surround speakers as well?

Steve

RyanJE

Second Unit
What kind of receiver do you have? It sounds like your talking about a parallel, which would most likely result in a 4-ohm load on your receiver. Also if you set your center to small it will cross over the low freq to the sub automatically. Theres no sense in trying to have your center produce low frequencies and at the same time have your sub trying to produce freq too high. (high is subjective based on the range of your center channel).

If you do what your saying your taxing the crap out of your receiver when you don't have too and it will have a negative impact on your entire system.

Steve*_P

Agent
I have a Marantz 7500. I have all Cambridge soundworks speakers the center speaker is the MC500, this is something the salesman at Cambridge told me I should try. He said he has this set up in his system and it sounds good.

Steve

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Not really. The biggest problem is that way too much program material has poorly EQ’d voices, so they end up sounding unnaturally boomy (especially male voices).

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks